Friday 27 April 2012

No, I'm Being Serious!


This is Marek! He is one of the managers where I work. He is also one of the funniest people I have ever met! And I travel around the world and move from state to state in America- I know thousands of people! He is definitely in my Top 5!
I owe a lot of him actually. I was depressed and listless from day to day. Then I got a job at GBK. Marek was the one that hired me and he hired my about 10 minutes after I applied so I think I automatically liked him anyways. Like I said, I was depressed or listless almost every day. Except on the days I worked with him! I didn't smile or laugh for months, but since meeting Marek, I laugh and smile every shift with him!
Marek is from the Czech Republic. So not only do I love his accent, I love his voice! I LOVE how he talks and his speech. Especially when I am already laughing (usually at him), just to hear his voice, I laugh even harder.
There was this one night that a few of us went bowling. O my goodness do I love how he bowls! He does this little dance and then gets a gutter every time! So all night I was laughing at him. Then at West Ham, we had to catch the c2c. There was a c2c train there and we were trying to figure out if it was ours or not seeing as the train to Chafford Hundred only comes once every half hour. One of the guys with us was trying to figure out if it was our train by looking at the time table. I was trying to read the monitor. But either way, there Marek was, trying to keep the door open with his one arm, then jumping up and down and waving at us with his other arm while screaming, "Come on! Come on! Hurry up! Hurry up!" Not only did that look funny enough, there was a guy on the train that wanted to help us even though he was on the phone by sticking his one leg up and holding the door open with his foot! Me looking at the monitor and the guy looking at the time table, we knew that the train on the platform, was not our train. But still there was Marek, waving and jumping trying to stall the train driver from leaving us all behind. Finally, we are able to tell him that this isn't our train! He tells the guy on the train "Sorry! This is isn't our train!" then looks at me with his head tilted down and his eyes look on top of his glasses- like he usually does when he talks to you- and says,
"Wow, I really need new glasses..."
I laugh in his face! Heck yeah you need new glasses and maybe a hearing aid! is what was going across my mind!
"No, I'm being serious..." he says all embarrassed.
I laugh even harder!
The thing is, even when Marek looks like he is being serious, he's not! So when he said that he needed glasses, I thought that he was just being sarcastic because that's something that I would say. But no, he was being completely serious!
After I figure out that he was being very serious about the situation and that he was actually embarrassed- did not matter to me, I could not stop laughing! This was all too funny for me!
I sat on the seat, still laughing my head off with soon tears to roll down my leg, he then pushes me away, holds my head down because he does not want to me to look at him.
When I start to laugh, I can not stop, so him just looking at me, I laugh, him saying something- anything, I laugh.
As I am laughing, I can hear him say "She just laughs at me all the time. I always tell her at work I'm being serious and she just laughs at me. She's so ruuuude isn't she!" Its true. I laugh at him all the time.
A little while later, Marek waves at this man on the platform. We all look at him like, 'Ok, we all know you had a few beers, but really?' We ask him why is he waving to a stranger and then he says, "He's my friend." All of us laugh. We think that he is joking. Again Marek says his phrase,
"No, I'm being serious."
No one believes him. We believe that he is waving to some stranger- until that is, that stranger walks over and greets him! He was being serious!!!
Hahahaha
Poor Marek, I wonder how it must feel for someone to always laugh in your face! I laugh because he, himself is hilarious; I laugh because I think his accent is funny and I laugh because I think his speech is funny!
I have many different laughs. But the one I am most famous for- the name of this blog- is my 'one heck of a laugh' laugh. After many months of being depressed and listless, Marek was the first one to get me to do it- and he is about the only one that can get me to do it!
Thank goodness I have him!
And thank goodness he can accept that I will laugh in his face! I have done this many times and I'm sure, there are many more to come!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment