Tuesday 25 September 2012

Fathers and daughters.
Mothers and sons.
Thats just how it tends to happen.
What if you are a daughter without a father?
What if you are a son without a mother?

I'm a mamas girl because I really didn't know my father before he fell sick and died of cancer. But I long for a Father. I have a Heavenly Father that I love; but it's not like He can come down and just give me a hug and wipe my tears when I need them. Now, nor can my earthly father either.
It's just me and mom. My mom is amazing and I love her dearly, but I want a dad.

Today I witnessed a little girl running to her dad shouting, "Daddy! Daddy!" He had his arms outstretched and picked her up in his arms and swung her round. You could just see the love between them. It made me cry. I remember a similar memory with me and my dad. I really loved my dad. I'm so sad I didn't get to have more time with him. To see the man my mom was crazy about for 18-19 years.

Growing up without a dad I have always wondered what is it like?? I am always asking all my friends because I don't have the lightest idea. I can only imagine. When I marry, if my future husband has a dad, I would like for him to adopt me. Maybe then will I have an idea of what I have missed. If not, I'll just have to continue waiting till the next life.

I am a daughter without an earthly father.
Thank goodness I know I have a Heavenly one!

No comments:

Post a Comment