Monday 13 August 2012

Embarrassment


For someone to walk away from me when I am laughing is nothing new. In fact, when I get into my laughing fits and do my 'one heck of a laugh' laugh, it has become the norm. People tend to think that if they ignore me when I am laughing, I will calm down. Little do they know that actually I find it HILARIOUS!!! So I always laugh harder!!!
Growing up in school, everyone knew my laugh.  It was not surprising seeing as I would laugh at everything and anything! Then I became an adult and I didn't laugh as I had before. In a  way, I grew out of it. I had to be somewhat serious at least. But when I'm relaxed, you might as well just expect me to laugh.
I remember this one time after church, we were all having dinner and someone at my table got me to do this laugh! The whole place fell silent... All you could here were my squeals... My sister was siting beside me and I remember her embarrassment. We were new there, this was their first impression of us, or at least, me!
This other time I was out bowling with my co-workers and I ended up laughing so hard that I fell off my chair... Now I was the embarrassed one... All my co-workers were drunk or tipsy, yet everyone not in our party believed I was wasted- the only sober one! My coleuges were embarrassed then too.
I was out with some of my friends recently at a pub. Again I got into a laughing fit. Again my table felt embarrassed! Ok, so yes I do squeak really loud and then the whole place goes silent and is looking around for what in the world that sound was, and then everyone looks my way, see my laughing and then looks at who I'm with.
But really why be embarrassed by it? It's a compliment! Not an embarrassment! It means I think your funny! So instead of walking away from me, be proud and happy, it's not easy to get me to laugh like that! You should feel accomplished! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment