Wednesday 16 May 2012

Open Eyes


I once was told that blind people have the best vision.
I read in a book once that says, "There's none so blind as those who will not see."
How true these sentences are!

Sometimes I wish I was blind so I could see better. But then again, I am very happy with my eye sight- even if I do need glasses.

I had a boyfriend once a long time ago and he would tell me all the time to have "Open Eyes". He even got it engraved on a key chain for me to carry. Over the years, my eyes have opened. They have opened to life, to the world, to love, to relationships, to culture, to different kinds of belief.

Sometimes when I talk to people, I really wish they could see through my eyes. They would understand then. They would understand then what I was saying. They would understand then to why I think the way I do. They would understand then to why I think the way I think. They would then understand why I believe what I believe. They would understand why I am, how I am.

I will not be changed. You may not like what I have to say. You may not like how I think. You may not like things I do or the fact that I don't/ won't do things. You may not like my beliefs.
But this is me!
If only you could open your eyes, you would see too!

No comments:

Post a Comment