Wednesday 21 March 2012

Coded Words

One of the biggest problems with humans is we do not know the art of communication!
Thankful, and thanks to John Gray for writing the book Men Are From Mars Women Are From Venus, we have a better understanding of the other sex.
Thankfully, I have some kind of understanding for how males speak- and I only know this because I understand my brother and my sister- but they do not understand each other. I recall this one afternoon and once again they were arguing over goodness knows what. I was in my room and I could hear what they were saying and I instantly knew that they did not understand each other- so me begin the middle sister and the peacemaker between the two- I go to interpret for them. Brother, when Sister says this, this is what she means. Sister, when Brother says this, this is what he means. Ah! Understanding is beginning to surface!

But these differences are more than just male and female, they are also individual.
So for those of you who know me personally, I will give you some of my coded words and actions.



"I'm fine" = I'm not but don't want to talk about it with you
"I'm good" = I'm in a whatever mood
"I'm fabulous" = I have nothing to complain about
"I'm wonderful" = I'm in a good mood
"Don't worry about it" = I'm upset about something but I am giving up or it's not a problem -see, this is why there is so much confusion, now you just have to know which on it is- but my tone usually gives it away.
"I'm tired" (half the time) = I'm bored but I'll just say I'm tired instead so there are no hurt feelings
"Sure" followed by a sigh = I don't want to do it but out of respect and love, I will
Hug = you're a good friend to me
Tight/ bear hug = I appreciate what you did for me or I am showing you that I love you
If I tough your arm = I'm comfortable with you
A kiss on the cheek = I love you (but not in love with you)

These are just some that I can think of on the top of my head.
By writing this, I hope that you can come to know me better.
I also hope that it makes you see that everyone has their own language and way to communicate to you. We all have coded words because we do! So next time you don't understand someone- just ask what their coded words are- lets make your life a little easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment