Wednesday 15 February 2012

Just Slightly Different



I am often asked, what I miss about America.
I was not sure at first, 
sure I miss my friends, but we have internet.
I miss my family members, but we got Skype.
I miss certain food, but there is food here that is not in America.
I miss my job at Panera, but GBK is not too different.
I would have to really think about this one..
Now I say simply,
the trees and the stars!

Living in a city, trees come far and few.
Also, due to smog and lights,
you hardly see the stars :(
I walk to work, and I see brick buildings.
I look up at night and see planes pass by.

Sometimes tho, if you look really hard, 
on a clear, cloudless night 
you can see a constellation in the sky!
That is the only stars you see!
Right now, its Orion 
I find his belt first, then I find the rest!

The trees are are small in the city.
But they do have parks.

Yes, I miss much from America
But its ok. 
I can enjoy walks in the park with my family.
I can enjoy learning the constellations.

So you see
even though I am in another country
on another piece of land
It's not another world
It has the same things,
just slightly different.

No comments:

Post a Comment