Wednesday 4 January 2012

Words of Solace


Doctrine and Covenants 98:18
“Let now your heart be trouble: for in my Father’s house are many mansions, and I have prepared a place for you; and where my Father and I am, there ye shall be also.”

I love how we can open the scriptures at random and see a verse pop out and it touches are hearts because there, in the words of God that we need to hear.

“The path won’t be easy, but it’ll be worth it” how often have we hear this? Trails are always in front of us and when we thing we have reached rock bottom, we haven’t because another trail is placed before us that’s even worse. But “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”

Sometimes we forget that we are the God Almighty. We have black pages in from of us, when it’s God Almighty that knows the ending of our story. He draws a section at a time using different instruments because He sees the big picture in His head. Only He can know and draw the picture.

Our so very loving Heavenly Father gave us a plan. He gave us a map. He gave us a compass. He gave us a companion.

No matter our age, we always feel that we know best when in actuality, we know nothing.

We have trails for many reasons. I pray that is my rock bottom because I don’t think that I can handle anything worse at this moment in time.

“Let not your heart be trouble…where my Father and I am, there ye shall be also.” Our hearts don’t have to be trouble. We have God on our side. We just have to look at our eternal life and our goal of returning to our Father in Heaven, and knowing that with His help, we’ll get there. That should be comfort enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment