Thursday 19 January 2012

My Calm


The sky is the darkest shade of blue before black.
The moon is bright but the stars are dim.
The street lights are a deep orange-yellow.
The streets are deserted and the cars are cold.
Almost all the curtains are closed and dark except for the odd one or two.
There is a crisp breeze but the air is always warm.
This is my calm. This is my time. This is my walk.
I walk along, alone. The world sleeps.
I completely LOVE these midnight strolls.
This is when I think about my life, hopes and dreams, my friends, my future and find a sense of self.
As I enter my drive way, I stop to admire the night sky and it's greatness and beauty.
Suddenly, I feel like the smallest ant. How much beauty and greatness- we just take for granted =[
As I walk the path to my door, the fox that is always there takes a few steps out of my way and just looks at me probably thinking, 'why is she the only soul awake?'
Well, Don't worry little fox, soon, I'll be in bed and will sleep with the rest of the world, and you can go back to enjoy the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment